Sunday, July 10, 2005
Prior To School (Part 1)
Soon everything will be set in motion. It'll be an irreversible event. Nothing (well, almost) can come in it's way. The moment that has been the focus of many people's attention. It's D-day!
I wonder how my school mates will be like. The thought of meeting new people and lecturers brings mixed emotions and thoughts into my flustered mind. It's another time of making new friends and connections and setting into a new environment. Another fresh - and probably final - phase in my academic life. It is still studying, no doubt. Exams, projects and datelines are still ubiquitous. Lectures are to be attended without fail... Sigh. But now, there're no more uniforms and ridiculously strict rules to adhere to; blond or cyan dyed hair, gold chain and diamond rings are the norm. Cheers!
However, before school commences, there's orientation camp.
It's fun, challenging, a test of one's mental endurance and surely an effective method to gain friends and expand one's contact list. Or it can be a sleep-depriving, lousy food tasting, skin damaging, enervating and time wasting programme. It's individual perference.
Interlude: Some irritating person (Head of the House) just have to sleep so damn early even when half the population's probably still actively engaging in certain activities other than sleeping. I've to rush through this piece, unfortunately.
I am not in favour of orientation. It robs me of the pleasures of the spring mattress, makes access to whatever food I want difficult and sap my energy, which could have otherwise been expended on other more productive activities, away. I get dirt and wet on every part of my body and apparels (It's some adventure camp, by the way), grilled under the scorching sun and only to return home drained out and charred. Who knows whether I've actually made more friends or foes, gained experience or suffered unreasonable torture. Orientation sucks. I cannot wait for it to end, now that I've realized that it's starting in less than 48 hours time.
P.S. I can go on. But his droning is driving me up the wall.
Comments:
Post a Comment