Saturday, July 16, 2005
Prior To School (Part 2)
Despite my repeated whinings and never-ending carping, I survived my first orientation camp fine... Perhaps even satisfied of the camp's outcome, although I still hold dear to my debasing notions of orientation camps - in general.
Ever since the Army days, maintaining personal sanitation has been of utmost importance to me amongst many others. It's just a way of emphasizing to myself that I will not let myself endure such harsh living conditions again except for reservist periods.
Camp's still a place to get everyone wet and dirty and soiled, to run around like madmen only to be served distasteful dinners. Yet the obvious remuneration is invaluable - friends. Of course I'm speaking in the context whereby no major internal conflict arises within the group. Heaven's been kind to grant my orientation group with sensibly cooperating and fun-loving slackers. I'm not complaining about the food for just this once because of that.
But that doesn't mean I'm going to spend less time with my present steadfast cliques.
This is just another new chapter.
Neat.
Comments:
Post a Comment