Sunday, October 02, 2005

Aiming For The Direction

I'm sure there are many people who know what they truly want in life. I am also sure that there are people who have no idea what their life is all about. Truth be told, I have mixed ideas about what I want in life specifically, although there is probably an inkling of what my life is about right now at the back of my mind. But I'm not so much of a dumb wit who knows next to nothing about my entire life - I've a passion for running.

There has to be some form of aim or focus to direct us in life. Be it academic pursuit, attaining that difficult yoga position or monetary reward, these are aims and goals that we all aspire to achieve at one point in our lives. Humans are never satisfied. How can we say that we have no aims or wants? That's preposterous. Vague, to say the least. Even cooking a bowl of noodles requires some form of desire to attain the intended end result.

But the distinct difference comes to full view when we ask ourselves, in our own individual hearts, this: Are we going to spend our entire lives in pursuit of those desires and/or enjoying the fruits of our labour, alone?

Many people are single and desperate, but not ugly. They're are perhaps hampered by many factors and obstacles that prove to be too overwheming for them. I think not. If the ego cannot be suppressed then it's time to restructure the mentality; if it's too consuming on your precious time to commit then it's about time that you reorganize your time table.

What's the difference between having someone to share your most intimate thoughts with and typing a blog entry (after filtering much details that are too sensitive to be revealed)?

Sometimes this becomes exasperating when all of those thoughts are cooped up inside that tiny skull and minute fist-sized heart. Shouting your lungs out seems so plausible. On the other hand, if there was someone alongside, to motivate and encourage you during the lows and to infect your laughters with, it's not surprising that life becomes meaningful altogether.

As anyone can tell, there're many successful singles out there. Highly committed to their work and pride upon their achievements. It's enviable. But who's to know what their private lives are like? Lively and fulfilling? Serene but solitary?

Maybe in the end, it's up to individual preference (so cliched, i know).

written & sealed @ 11:21:00 pm
|

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com