Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Food For Thought

I look out of the sturdy opening across the street; I feel a sense of cosiness. Obviously this is what I should be feeling - I am in my own home. Home is a fortress, a safe house, a place where I know everything and anything that is everywhere and anywhere. No matter how obscenely messy it is, or home puny it may be, my place of residence is the place I cherish the most. It is my only world - my life. Yet I feel something imminent is about to happen.

It may not have been made with the best of materials like some other homes; it may not be lavishly built and it certainly did not look grand. But I was contented with what I had. So much effort and time had been put into building it. My home was a place of laughter and cheerfulness. My siblings were incredibly cute and rowdy. I shudder whenever I think of that day when I took off and left home to build one of my own.

I did not fret as much because my new home was to be built within the vicinity of my old residence and I shall be able to meet my parents everyday. Is it not cool? We can eat out everyday and get home late at night together, everytime. We do not like travelling overseas so it will be great that I can see my parents every other day. But of course, having a family of my own was enough to take up most of my energy and time. As such, I do not really get any chance to meet my folks.

When my parents died, terrible things happened. The upper level authorities came crashing down into our town and tore down all of the empty homes, whereby the debris were all transported elsewhere, somewhere none of us knew. There were rumours that they were being recycled or used to build new homes for the upper level authorities. That was the time when everything fell apart. Everyone was in a frantic, we were afraid that those people would come and remove our homes too! Of course we were not affected because I think those people would not dare hurt the young. Nonetheless, what those people have done was beyond comprehension and forgiveness. They literally tore down in a few hours the work that our parents had took in days to accomplish. I fumed in frustration. I am peeved at myself for not being able to prevent those people from removing the last remnants of what my parents have left behind in this world for me!

Oh, Almighty, what have I done to suffer such punishment? Is it because I cannot swim? Or is it because I am not smart enough like the upper level authorities?

Right now, as I watch my young feeding on the other side, I am immensely worried for what lies ahead for them. Already, the bad weather has made living conditions slightly difficult and some are not adapting well. Food supply is diminishing and we do not have an idea why! How can I leave my kids in this world? What about the future generations!

I guess I just have to put faith in Her Almighty. She knows the best. But where is she? Has she flapped her wings and flew out into the Unknown world and got caught by the upper level authorities?

Moral of the story: Do not buy bird's nest.

written & sealed @ 4:34:00 pm
|

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com