Monday, August 28, 2006

I Am A Fresh Sophomore

The difference between a freshman and sophomore is so great. That great.

Notwithstanding the age difference, it brings to mind how one ever got through his own freshman year and ended up becoming a senior student now - in one piece, almost unscathed.

While one may feel glad that he is finally one year less to becoming a full fledge working adult, it is not ironic that he might feel a tinge of nostalgia bubbling from within. Funnily it is the feeling of nostalgia that is supposed to be felt perhaps that reminds one of his days in the past. But it is not. Instead I would rather like to think that it is just a sense of slight anxiety that everyone feels when they have to make a huge step forward at some point in their life. Daunting it is, yet it is inevitable.

Being a freshman, one tends to feel relaxed. The fact being that he is new in the institution and has yet to "feel" around and get adjusted to campus lifestyle. But once sophomore begins, things suddenly take a 180 degree change in mindset. It is time to buck up. It is time to stop fooling around, or try to. Needless to say, for third year seniors and further, it is time to plan (or try to materialise) one's career.

For all the years I have spent studying, the most important years are spent in university. It is here where everyone study in courses they want to specialise in, that will probably be of use to them at work. Of course I am speaking from a very myopic viewpoint. There are others who excelled without tertiary education - or any education at all.

As the work load in the new semester begins to get heavier, time is of essence and frankly, I do not know how I will end up in the future. But doing my best is still the optimum solution to a possibly high flying career.

written & sealed @ 10:01:00 am
|

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com