Sunday, April 29, 2007
Jazz, Lounge, Bossa nova
This weekend has been hectic but enjoyable, nonwithstanding the assignments and projects that I have yet to start on (Yikes!). I had 3 sessions of mahjong back to back since Friday and I thought I was going to be totally drained after all that. Fortunately I still have the energy to type something down tonight.
Lately I have been listening extensively to music I have not seriously considered worth listening to in the past: Jazz, lounge and bossa nova (I'll term them JLB here). Perhaps it's because Wendy has been trying to psycho me and the rest to go Cafe del Mar and all, that's why I'm listening to it to get the beach music groove (FYI, Cafe del Mar is a beach bar in Ibiza. There is a series of music compilations also called Cafe del Mar that features tunes played in the bar). But personally I have taken to listening them since... 2 weeks ago. Why I have this sudden liking? Beats me. Besides that, I'm also listening to De Phazz, Bebel Gilberto, Hotel Costes series and Joao Gilberto. Just exploring around and seeking new sounds from everywhere.
Oh, as for Cafe del Mar... I also want to take a look at this fabulous (or so they said) beach bar at Sentosa. I picture it as this wonderful sunny place (in Sentosa?) with lots of babes in bikinis and lovely breeze all day long. And people with great bods would sashay down the coast with martinis in their hands, playing beach volleyballs or slapping suntan lotion onto their lovers' back. Sounds like some 30-second commercial for Ibiza...
Oh, as for Cafe del Mar... I also want to take a look at this fabulous (or so they said) beach bar at Sentosa. I picture it as this wonderful sunny place (in Sentosa?) with lots of babes in bikinis and lovely breeze all day long. And people with great bods would sashay down the coast with martinis in their hands, playing beach volleyballs or slapping suntan lotion onto their lovers' back. Sounds like some 30-second commercial for Ibiza...
Anyway, I already told Wendy we could probably go after the horrid summer module with the rest if they are willing. Otherwise, I don't mind organizing another mahjong session, really. Hur hur.
Oh yes, back to music. Listening to JLB seems to make me become more aware of my surroundings. I guess the tempo and melodies sort of soothes and relaxes the senses, almost therapeutical. But then again, maybe it's psychological. Heck.
Not many people I know actually listens to JLB. Luckily there're Victoria and Kaizer who enjoys them as much as I do. Speaking of which, Victoria and Mel are going to be back this June holidays. Yeah! We are so going to crash out at Harry's (or similar) again. Miss those chilled-our-ass-out days. Hur hur.
Meanwhile just let me get back to those dreaded project and assignments at hand... When is the month of June going to arrive?
Comments:
Post a Comment