Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Labour Day Today
The summer holidays are killing me, for now. I am struggling - and determined - to get through the summer module despite my perpetual distraction with the TV and other unworldly interests (music, slacking, eating, dreaming, etc.). To add on to my misery, what can be worse than a public holiday smacked on a Tuesday. I feel like it's Sunday all day long. No mood to do anything related to school - just want to slack, laze, dream some more and watch TV programmes (plus mahjong).
My parents just visited the vegetable and pet farms in Lim Chu Kang and Choa Chu Kang today. How exciting. My dad apparently became quite besotted with a Kings Charles Cocker Spaniel puppy when he called back to ask me some information about it. I thought he was going to buy a puppy (finally!) but I know I shouldn't deceive myself. Following that I received this stupid MMS of that stupid puppy. I was wondering: What is his problem? He's so excited over some canine puppy like he's going to buy, which everyone else in the household knows he won't, home within the next 5 minutes. And FYI this isn't the first time; previously it was a Maltese, before that a Jack Russell and Golden Retriever. How embarrassing. Obviously I couldn't care less about it and returned to flicking the channels on cable.
Ironically, I feel quite comfortable staying at home on a public holiday and lazing (yes, that word again), watching TV or listening to some Joao Gilberto or Hotel Costes. The image of throngs of crowds squeezing for walking space on Orchard Road totally turns me off. Just at that point of time I suddenly felt like going to the beach. Maybe it's quite breezy today...
Sigh! IPPT is looming around next week. Darn. Thinking of it makes my stomach churn. I wonder if I can still make the cut for it and earn some cash awards (Silver/Gold). Scary. Hur.
Run, not to run...Yes. I shall set my legs to work now. Labour (Day) on!
P.S. Today's my 1st Anniversary working at that chocolate bar.
Comments:
Post a Comment