Monday, May 07, 2007
WeekendOUT
These few weeks have been pretty exciting! Apart from the normal drudgery of attending lessons, I've been to the Night Safari just on Friday and watched Spiderman 3 on Sunday.
It's been years since I've been to the zoo! It's like going to an entirely new place all over again. I was probably too young during my first visit to the zoo to remember ever been there at all. After all, the location is extremely remote. The first thought that struck me upon discussion of the visit was: HUH? But seriously I was rather curious at what I'd see at the zoo. It would be really interesting to go there again, considering that the only thing I ever remembered about the night safari was taking the tram... But in the end the trip was breath-taking, albeit exhausting, because we walked instead of taking the tram. I didn't realise that the trail would be that long. On hindsight it was really cool to see real wild animals on-site rather than on TV. Night safari donn't allow any flashes from cameras... But it's so dark in there that we could hardly take any decent photos except at the entrance. Sigh.
Spiderman 3 was fine: action-packed and adrenalin rushing. There were more enemies this time - three, in fact. Some people I've asked thought that 3 enemies were confusing while some commended the film. I think for the average Joe/Jane who just want to catch a decent show, it's worth the buck.
Lately I've been going to HK cafes for meals and I'm starting to wonder if it's going to be my staple eatery for now. The last time I was craving for KFC (the entire last semester) nobody wanted me to suggest any place to eat at all. Anyhow, I had dinner at XW HK cafe again. Luckily Edwin and JD were cool about it. Hur hur. After the movie, we had supper at Cafe Cartel! It was JD's idea. He was craving for that Eastside Brownie or something. The sweetness and chocolatey taste still lingers in my taste buds now... I think everyone of us was a little off the scale mentally because the 3 of us had nuggets, cheesecake and a peach ice-cream sundae apart from the brownie for supper. Extremely unhealthy (My IPPT is coming up soon, you see). But their blueberry cheesecake is pretty good. Not too dry or sweet. After supper it was photo-taking session until we finally parted.
Agnes, Ian, Eric and SW went for the Phantom of the Opera at the Esplanade. According to them the show's great! I heard that the show was a sell-out for the month. Too bad I didn't go with them... Then again, I don't know how to appreciate musicals so that's okay.
As I end off, the project work left unfinished is beckoning at me at the back of my mind, on the screen, on my desk - everywhere.
Comments:
Post a Comment