Sunday, June 03, 2007

It's So Cool

I finally got an external hard drive at the PC exhibition. It's so cool and it's lying on my table now. I can finally dump everything from my laptop into it. What a relief! My laptop's been pushed to the limit time and time again, almost bursting at its storage seams.

I went with my father, brother and uncle.The PC show was terribly crowded as always. We arrived shortly after 12, and the place was already pretty packed. As we made our way through the booths, we ended up with a hard drive and a few packets of ink cartridges for my printer. By this time the place was more crowded than ever as people jostled and pushed their way through the ever packed passages.

There's nothing extra special about the PC show except for a few new products. It might as well be a PC sales convention. Everyone is trying to sell everything and anything - make more subscriptions, and make more sales. After viewing the new hand-held PC - which is possibly one of the few products worth checking out - from Sony, which turned out to be quite unappealing, we left Suntec.

Seriously I don't know if the hard drive will last for how long. Everyone I know says that it will spoil some day so I have to get a new one again. Then how do I know when it will die out on me? What becomes of my data? I can't possibly estimate and get a new hard drive on standby, right? But I don't really care now because I am still thinking of what to transfer over. Everything or selectively? All the dramas?

It's so nice to look at it. So cool.

Oh yes one last thing. I borrowed a book called Basic Spanish a couple of days back from the library. It's to prep myself for my impending module on Spanish (if I am going to get it next semester, really). I love Spanish. It has this ruggedness and street flair to it while still possessing style and glam. Think of Zara, Mango and Ibiza! As like all new subjects, Spanish is totally foreign to me; I know nothing except cero, uno, dos, tres and cuatro (0 to 4). Yet I feel quite passionate about learning it. I chose it over French, Japanese, German and Italian. Not sure why. I just feel this attraction to the language. I think it's like whatever some people say: It's so cool.

I also saw DVDs on languages at the PC show. Actually I wanted to get one but the price got the better of me ($47!). The disc's good because they teach the students on word pronunciation, unlike reading from a book. But I still have my doubts... Hur hur.

I am still waiting for the day when I can blog in Spanish!

written & sealed @ 12:16:00 am
|

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com