Monday, September 03, 2007

Got A New CD

I sweared that I would not touch mahjong when school started. My aunt made me promise not to play any when school term starts. Apparently the swear didn't work. My aunt called me to play last Saturday. What the... Hur hur.

Luckily I won some cash, which I, in a moment of excitement, expended on Laura Fygi's Songbook. I thought it was cool actually. I've always heard of her name. Doesn't it sound like Laura Fitzgerald or something (Eventually I realised there's an author named Laura Fitzgerald - quite far off from what I had expected)?

Luckily for me, I know Laura Fygi sings jazz. I'm not a fan of jazz per se but I was, at a particular point in my life, charmed by the tunes of Norah Jones and Jamie Cullum.

Of Songbook, the more I listen to it, the more I like it. It's not the best CD or whatever but it does have a soothing and calming effect. Seriously I thought I'd be lulled to sleep with the melodramatic tunes and all... But then I realised later (less than 2 days) that it actually makes me stop doing work and concentrate on listening to the tracks. Brrr.

Oh gosh it's Monday morning already... Time to zzz. (Turning off the player)

written & sealed @ 1:19:00 am
|

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com