Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Y2008
The new year heralds a new beginning for everyone - new resolutions, goals, aims and wishes. Maybe it's something to look forward to. I don't particularly subscribe to it since I don' think I will ever fulfill it and I have never seriously made one, either. The only thing that I will find worthwhile to do is trying to work harder than ever this year, considering my exceedingly appalling grades.
The need for startling academic performance is more urgent than ever in 2008. In fact, I have to do much better if I want to prevent my prospective career path from sliding off-track further. The hitherto booming market isn't going to help if my grades don't make the cut. The market works only for those who have been consistently performing and it's their time (now) to reap even greater gains. It's not going to make a huge impact on the rest (people like me, hur hur).
To end off on this depressing new year entry, it would perhaps be consoling to think that it's the year of the Rat! I'm 24 this year!
Comments:
Post a Comment