Wednesday, April 23, 2008
SZ01
Despite all the complaints I have received regarding the passe and outdated design of my blog skin, I insist that its aesthetic impact on me hasn't changed all these years. I doubt I will be changing it anyime soon.
So, I am currently in Shenzhen, PRC, on attachment. The only reason that I am blogging here is because the TV in the apartment that I'm residing in is faulty. I don't think it's wise to go out alone at night since I'm here for barely 2 days. In an effort to liven up my blog, I have decided to use this opportunity to write some stuff on it.
Shenzhen has been what I have imagined: Modern. It's not the Singaporean modern, but the JB modern. Things are cheap only in the suburbs or less-developed parts. In the central district that I'm staying, things are more comparable to Singapore. Okay, an EVM at Mac costs about RMB16-25. You get the drift. Seriously, I don't think I can offer much insight into the city as I've only been here for less than 48hours. But you can look at the photos that I have tried very hard to upload onto Facebook to get a better idea. I'm staying in a nice apartment with my boss and fellow intern colleague.
I'm sharing the bed with my colleague. The thing is that the bed is a queen size bed so it's pretty nice for both of us - not to cram. So it was fine sleeping throughout the night. The only thing was, in the morning, I woke up to an arm and leg over me. I'm not pissed or anything as I've expected something to happen. So... Just something to note. See how it goes tonight.
I adore the cab drivers. Their average speed is 110km/h. The way vehicles move on a busy road is like watching water buffalos on the run. The road lanes are there for decoration only (if you can even spot them on the tar road). The MTR is almost the same as MRT.
My boss took us to an art village to look at the extremely talented Chinese oil painters. The artwork for sale were unambiguously top-standard products. Of course, being an area populated by painters competing to sell their art pieces, prices are barginable and affordable.
I hope to have more interesting bits to jot down the next round. My colleague and I are going for supper now.
Comments:
Post a Comment