Friday, April 25, 2008

SZ02

I believe I will breach the 60kg mark in no time. The food here is simply delicious, ample and oily. It is also more affordable than Singapore food. Dinner was interesting. My boss, friend and I alighted at Guo Mao Station and found ourselves at the heart of Shenzhen's Geylang. Apparently, prostitutes and pickpockets are the norm here. This is one place you wouldn't want to bring your LV bag "flashily" around.

Anyway we had claypot chicken (something like soy sauce chicken in Singapore but bigger) and some other stuff that was simply awesome and filling. Duck intestine felt rubbery in my mouth while the baked garlic oysters just melted in my mouth.

We walked around the area and walked past spas and pubs. I look forward to visiting the spa that my boss has so enthusiatically recommended (Xing Wang Jia Qi, or Queen's Spa - can't remember now) and offered to bring us to. It was a nice place and one shopping mall called the King Glory Shopping Centre (mall/complex/S.C./whatever) that we walked through from the MTR was so huge and... new. Many international brands within the mall that could have easily outnumbered Paragon, easily... So easily.

I'm looking forward to the Book City (Shu Cheng) and Xiao Ren Guo, with all the miniature wonders of the world, etc. Perhaps I can even get a new phone from the electronics haven (forgot the station name). I just saw one from idopod.com. So CHIO.

written & sealed @ 12:01:00 am
|

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com