Monday, April 28, 2008

SZ05

I cannot believe I'm blogging for almost every night. Guess I'm really bored and lonely... I wouldn't be blogging if that darn TV was working or if that pirate vendor had the DVD-quality version of Forbidden Kingdom. Funnily, movies in Shenzhen costs RMB70.
Anyways, I finally tasted pig blood for dinner! I had steamboat (again, I know) at the shopping mall next to my condominium. It's much better than goose/duck intestines, seriously. My friend was telling me that goose intestines stuffed with pork organs taste even better...

I'm coughing like mad now. So annoying. But I'm not cutting back on any specific types of food. I'm still gorging on everything edible in PRC. Perhaps I'm going to hunt for the RMB1 puff that an old lady sells near the office. I heard from my boss it's in limited stock, though. So have to buy fast because it's so, so, so value-for-money. The puff is like Old Chang Kee's curry puff outer layer but vegetables are used for the fillings, or something like that. Wait till I try it.

I'm just wondering when I'll get to savour smelly beancurd.

My boss introduced a good and cheap place near the condominium to have supper. Located in a dimly lit and secluded corner of the street, about 100m away from our place, is a make-shift steamboat stall. We passed by once at 1am on our way back on the cab. People sat on stools along the ground eating away. As the place was dimly lit, I couldn't really make out where the owner was. I'm wondering if I should try it, since my friend's been suggesting going there for a while. Street food. Dimly lit area. No food license. But the food looked piping hot from the cab.

written & sealed @ 10:29:00 pm
|

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com