Saturday, May 24, 2008

SZ12

I think I really like Saturday mornings here. I intended to sleep in since there's no work. But the weather today is just fantastic. It's sunny and breezy. Unfortunately, the view from the window or balcony isn't a white sandy beach with lapping waves; I see only many buildings and roads and clear skys (going by the air quality here, the skys are quite "clear" when you see very very light pale blue sky, and the haze, which is always there, is rather thin). But still, I try to make the best out of it - by sipping some Chinese green tea and bitching my way here. It's starting to turn out to be a quiet and relaxing morning for me... Until the CNP gets up.

My boss isn't in the apartment for a third of the time, so it's usually the both of us in the room using our laptops. This morning, he isn't in again. It's obvious when he's not in: His bedroom door is open and the lights in the living room are not switched off (because the CNP, who slept later than me last night, obviously didn't off them). I'm not pissed. People can be careless, really.

Once in a while, the slightly egoistic, self-centred and snobbish CNP would irk me a little. But it's amusing when I think about it later. Yesterday, a colleague of mine brought some homecooked ducks for lunch and let us try a little. After tasting it, the CNP just commented to me: The ones at my place are nicer.

I'm not sure if it's just for the CNP or for other Chinese too, but he likes to drop money onto the cashier counter at every purchase like people throwing coins into the bowl of a filthy beggar. Maybe the money notes are dirty or something. Maybe it's the way things work here.

On and on, I get annoyed, sometimes infuriated with the CNP's behaviour. But once in a while, things between us work out fine. Like, he would share with me his thoughts and knowledge of whatever he knows, like some Chinese history or general knowledge about good and bad tea... Well, most times he would continue to share with me his prowess in speed reading and how he can finish a 600-page Chinese novel in 8 hours. Lately, he's been sharing with me photos of people who died in the earthquake. Initially the pictures were of people (while they were still alive) who died from the earthquake. But nowadays, they are of people who died while saving other people from the earthquake. From my heart, I sympathize with those who lost their loved ones...

In any case, I am finally almost done with the last episode of the HK drama serial. This is my first time completing a HK drama serial! So exciting. I feel so good.

One last thing, I realised that having milk, Chinese green tea and watermelon together in the morning is as good as flushing water down your intestines.

written & sealed @ 10:41:00 am
|

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com