Thursday, May 29, 2008
SZ13
Privacy is what I need. No privacy when I'm writing my blog, no privacy when I'm talking online to my parents, no privacy as I'm chatting away on MSN. Both of us are stucked in the same room minding our own business. I've been contemplating moving out into the hall so that i can get some space away from the CNP. But the those pesky little creepy crawlies (mainly, cockroaches) just pop out of nowhere when you least expect them to - especially on the sofa.
Lately, I've been occupying myself with HK dramas when I'm stucked miserably at home after work. So much so that blogging seems redundant, because I only blog when I'm bored or feel agitated with the CNP, which, is when I'm not watching the shows.
When I look at that CNP, I think of myself when I was at that age. I can't really recall much but I think I had more sense than him to know that I should trim my nails by a bin or use a waste paper to hold the cut nails rather than litter the bedroom floor deliberately. I'm not a cleanliness freak but shouldn't one be at least considerate enough to keep the place he is sharing with somebody else clean? Taking my friend's advice, I'm beginning to find the CNP amusing rather than annoying the shit out of me. Whenever the CNP talks big or something, I see it as some swine making some grunts. I mean, it gets tiring to keep getting annoyed.
We are planning to Guilin during the Duan Wu Jie (Dragon boat festival or something). It seems that only the two of us will be going though. I hope it'll be a not-so-annoying trip ahead. Hurhur. I need more fresh air and space!
Moving on, I had a fantastic steamboat dinner at a restaurant called Little Fat Sheep (Xiao Fei Yang) with the CNP and my colleagues. Obviously I had lamb slices and lamb meatballs cooked in a yuan-yang pot. Basically the circular pot is partitioned into two parts like the Taoist symbol (black/white), just that one side is spicy and the other side isn't. I thought we should have this in Singapore too. Maybe there's one in Singapore that I haven't been to before. We had intended to go KTV, which I was quite adverse to since I don't sing, but then it was too crowded so we went home in the end.
Just so I make myself clear, I don't hate CNP, I just don't agree with some of the things that they do or eat. The problem I'm facing with the specimen beside me right now as I'm typing away is just another consequence of too much pampering and golden-spoon feeding. My colleagues with 5000 other siblings all over PRC are so much more humble and polite.
Comments:
Post a Comment