Monday, June 02, 2008
SZ14
I spent the weekend at illy reading the novel I bought weeks ago with the other interning students. It was a good getaway from the apartment and someone else. Despite not being able to recognize some words, the novel wasn't difficult to comprehend. It wasn't until I chanced upon an English written magazine on the rack that I realised that there's an English translated version of that novel. Damn.
Speaking of illy, I do think they have better services than Starbucks here. Over here, one can have their drinks served to their table without incurring additional service charges. I've often fantasized about making my own coffee at home using illy's coffee beans and sipping the beverage at the balcony overlooking a mesmerising view of the beautiful... East Coast Park. But the reality is, I'm stucked in a polluted city with overlooking gloomy skies right now. But worry not, just to make the best out of the situation, at least I still get to sip hot Longjing tea in the living room on weekend mornings watching TV and HK dramas on my laptop simultaneously.
Yesterday, I just had the most amazing and thorough sleep of my time in PRC. It was a peaceful and soundless sleep from night until this morning (when the stupid alarm jolted me out of my slumber). Is was a good night although I was sleeping on the sofa. Luckily, the sofa isn't the typical leather sofa at my place, or else I would have a stiff neck by now. The sofa is long and wide like a couch used for smoking opium. I only had to use two pillows to support my head and it was more comfortable than the bed in the room. I'm considering moving permanently out of the room. In this way, I get to watch TV and/or use the laptop at the same time (provided the CNP stays in the room all the time) in privacy.
Just for the record, and to disspell all misconceptions that anyone may have, I do not detest the CNP. It's just that he may not be tactful sometimes and probably has no experience cohabiting with another person. So... at times, he may seem quite annoying, frustrating to communicate with or simply give the impression that he knows every whole damn thing in this world when he doesn't. Other than that, he still manages fairly well in human relations (if he tried really hard).
Time for lunch.
Comments:
Post a Comment