Friday, June 27, 2008

SZ21

Just when I thought that I would wither and wilt under the unbearable heat from the scorching summer sun, a typhoon happily came along and brought with it rain that seemed to pour on forever. My initial doubts of the local drainage system soon gave way to much relief when there was no massive flooding on the roads and I could still walk around on the streets without stomping on 3-inch deep puddles.

My working stint shall formally end in one week's time and I can't wait for that day to come. I'm not particularly looking forward to leaving SZ since I have been having a rather enjoyable time here most of the time. Yet, going back to sunny, clean and safer home seems not a bad idea too. Above all, I can play the game that I have been craving for.

It's the lychee season now, so obviously I'm gorging on them. They're sweet and the seeds are damn small. The price? RMB12-14 for 1kg! And those honey peaches, although a wee bit expensive, are simply scrumptious! I never thought I would love lychees and peaches to such exaggerated extent... But I wonder why the apples cost about the same as those sold back home. Like, aren't apples sold here the same as those sold back there?

What's more, now that I've started on this food thing, I should have MacDonald's again before I leave! The juicy grilled spicy chicken burger cannot be found in Singapore. Oh gawd. The fantastic Hunan cuisine restaurant near the office offers superb dishes that make me asks for more rice every time. I've also got to try that steak house at the mall next to my apartment. It's perpetually full at dinner time. I've heard rave reviews for it. Oh, and the chicken claypot-steamboat that I have mentioned before along a street of the Geylang of SZ...

There was a time when I was thin. But now I am still about the same, but only slightly more flesh. I wonder where all the food that I've consumed gone to.

It looks like it's going to be another wet, wet, wet day.

written & sealed @ 11:01:00 am
|

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com