Thursday, July 03, 2008

SZ22

It is hot in SZ. It is as hot in SG. But the only difference is the trees. There are more trees along Orchard Road than there are here. On top of that, they're bigger and provide more shade. It's not as polluted as compared to other seasons, which means the sky is blue and you can actually make shapes out of cumulonimbus clouds. The rain doesn't come as often and that means clothes dry faster and I don't have to worry that I run out of briefs.

I was just reminiscing with some friends over certain Singapore cuisine that I don't get to eat here. But thinking back, I realized that I'm going to miss the food that I've been eating here more than I would miss food that I've eaten for the past 24 years back home, since I'm not going to be back in SZ for at least some time to come. This started off a fury of ideas on how I should spend my last few days here gorging... Oh... Hunan cuisine, chicken claypot, lambpot, Guilin noodles... In exchange for carrot cake and oyster omelette.

I guess I could eat some of those Chinese cuisine back home. But the standard may vary while the level of hygiene will unfortunately be much better than SZ.

Coming to SZ has been a slightly dreamily trip when I felt that the level of stress has been at an all time low. Despite some shortcomings (Internet censorship and propaganda on TV), it has been a refreshing experience having met other Chinese and made some new friends. The more interesting part was actually to see more "things" than I could have ever seen back home (not supernatural sightings).

I'm glad I only got bored of SZ when it's about time that I leave. Perhaps food would be what I would miss.

written & sealed @ 11:09:00 am
|

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com